Congrats to all of our FMTC members who raced the mile last Thursday night – many of who got mile track PRs (Meg, Adam). Major kudos to Sam Gerstenbacher (4:20) and Rachel Rowe (5:18) who won the ELITE races.
We had 66 total racers in the seven heats including 32 from FMTC. Thanks to Tracy, Alyssa, Otis (music!) Glenn, Becca, Tom, Gretchen, Chris, Denise, Jason, and Walter (water guys) and all others who volunteered, helped, or supported with the event. We hope this will be an annual event that we can expand and improve upon in the future. The top 3 finishing times for all heats are in today’s LNP Sports. Remember the World Championships are currently ongoing from Hayward Field in Eugene. Some great races so far. Otis will be repping the club out there in a few days (watching not competing – but maybe that lies ahead for some of our members). Injuries seem to be creeping in – so try to keep STRENGTH training as part of your regular routine.
“Cheers” to Brian Petraco who was married on Saturday in Lancaster Several FMTC members joined him for a pre-wedding run on the Red Rose Course and were privileged to be his guest at the ceremony and reception Saturday evening.
We will again have Tuesday 7:30 AM and 6 PM workouts this week. I will run with the AM group but plan to be there for both sessions.
I will have the evening PBRs and Jason will have water – but it is supposed to hit 90* – so bring extra. Check-in if you are working out elsewhere although I will continue to do a STRAVA check but no guarantees.
RACING AHEAD – also see FMTC Club Calendar
- July 20: Harrisburg Road Mile (still open) – Scott is in any others?
- July 21: Reading Third Thirsty Thursday 5K, 7:00 PM
- July 23: Lebanon Area Fair 5K, 8:30 AM
- July 23: Lancaster Junction Trail 10K and 5K, Manheim PA 8:30 AM
- July 28: 13th FMTC Beer Mile (see Becca R or Adam if you want an entry)
- July 30: Jingle on July 5K, Gring’s Mill, Reading 8:30 AM
- July 31: Reading Liederkranz Half-Wit Half and Quarter-Wit Redo, 9 AM
- August 20: Cedar Nation 5K, Lebanon PA
- September 18: USATF Masters 12K, Highlands, NJ
- September 24: York White Rose 5-miler, York, PA (discount code available)