Happy Global Running Day – if you have not already run (and even if it should be a rest day post-track), go run a mile.
It was the hottest Tuesday of the year at the F&M Track but strong attendance of 40+ runners despite the conditions. Our AM group got things started with the 8 x 200/300 workout. Many last evening ran the RED ROSE course for some visual/mental preparation prior to Saturday’s race. Scott was doing a solo intense cutdown courtesy of Caleb – starting at 3200m as he looks for ~ 27 minute PR Saturday at RR. Some of our group 2.5 runners were doing 400s including Gavin – as he preps for his 100-mile race this weekend in Virginia. He will let us know how 75 sec quarters translates to faster trail miles.
Last night was also our FMTC send-off for one of our legacy members and stellar physical therapist runners – Justin Geisinger who will be on the road for a year with his family including the first few months in Eugene, OR. One-half of the “Trials of Miles” cake (sorry no forks) along with 24 assorted Oregon (Rogue Brewery) beers, 6 PBRs, and 1 lemon-ginger kombucha (Justin) were all readily consumed. The remains of the cake were dropped off later at the Geissinger home on Lancaster Ave.
- Thanks to Jason Smoker who has taken over Tuesday evening water cooler duties – definitely appreciated last evening.
- There was some club running (66 + miles ! KO / 26.2 miles / 1- fast mile racing this past week) – times should be in LNP Sports tomorrow
- Please “save the date” July 14th for our Night of Miles races at the track, hopefully many of you will be competing but also can help by volunteering. We hope to begin publicizing this event next week once all the final details are in place.
AM: Addis, Bell, Charles, Garland, Kirchner, Newcomer W
PM: Arndt, Barber, Caston, Edwards, Charles, Foester, Geissinger, Gerstenbacher, Glick Harriger, Delia, Hodge, Johnson, Kleinhaus, Kalinowski, Kirchner J, Knaster, Maher, MacNeil, Matthews, Miller, Moore, Oles, O’Regan, Myers C, Nephin, Newcomer W, Noble, Paul, Petraco, Poland, Pryor, Sollenberger A, Roth, Simmons, Stauffer (back!!), Stoltzfus, McMillan J, Tagg, Thorsen, Wallick, Smoker, Zook… let me know if you were missed.
Check-ins: Lachman, Wege (CO), Pick, Fife, Foley (AK), Sollenberger B, Newcomer M, Moebius H (Florida), Matula, McMillan D, Weida
- June 4th – Scott Coffee 8K Moorestown, NJ (USATF road series)
- June 4th – 45th Red Rose Run (who wants the win – Georganne and Chris?)
- June 3rd or 4th – Lachman Wedding (easy) Run Hartford, CT. (Nick, Jeremy, Sam, Otis, Zach, Jeff….)
- June 25th – Wheels and Wings Festival 5K Lititz, PA
- July 14th – FMTC 3rd “Night of Miles” races (F & M Track ) 6 PM
- July 28th – 13th FMTC Beer Mile (Becca and Adam Moore – race directors)