Despite a light presence on the part of our FMTC women – we still had about 40 total runners for AM and PM workouts yesterday. The morning crew did the modified Yasso 800s as did some of our PM runners. Mile repeats were in the mix with the rumor of a 4:31 by Nick with Sam handling pace duties.
Some of the group 2 guys were seen looping at Clayton while in the Broad Street recovery mode. Adam and Otis = 200s. Former Shippensburg runner and now FMTC member Stephanie Pryor (see photo) was given her club singlet last evening with future promises to smash her college PRs where she set WVIAC 5000 and 10,000 championships meet records.
The PBR consumption continues to be light (*24/32) but perhaps good for the club budget. With lots of racing in the weeks ahead, please submit weekend race times to Sarah and wear the club singlet for your races (even if you don’t like the fit or colors).
Follow-up kudos from the weekend to Sam G (5000 track Penn) and Georganne (1/2 M Pittsburgh) who both gave us new club records – and time goals for the future by other FMTC members. And also to John Matthews who was the top FMTC finisher at Broad Street this past Sunday (PR of 54:14). -Jeff
ON THE TRACK
AM: Charles W, Garland P, Kirchner J, Newcomer W, Newcomer M, Hodge
PM: Arndt, Bell, Boben B, Fife, Foester, Gerstenbacher, Harriger, Hickie-Delia S, Johnson B, Kalinowski C, Kirchner, Kleinhaus, (Lasix), Lachman, Luff, Matthews, Matula, McMillan D, McMillan J, Miller K, Mohler, Moore, Nephin (late/rvw), Nesbitt D + Dakota, O’Regan, Paul, Petraco, Pick, Poland, Pryor S (singlet!), Richter C, Roth (dad of the year?), Simmons Z, Smoker, Sollenberger A, Stoudt (coaching), Tagg, Thorsen, Ubriaco, Wallick, Wasch (new club gear), Weida (Lititz), Zook… and ?
Check-Ins: Addis, Wege M, Caston / Knaster (biking C & O), Oles
- May 9: Turkey Hill Country Classic (Half-Marathon, 5K, 10K) in Millersville
- May 9: Kat’s 5K in Strasburg
- May 15: York Marathon and Half-Marathon in York
- May 30: Main Street Mile in Yardley PA (USATF Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix event) – Reach out to Jay for team details
- June 4th – Scott Coffee 8K in Moorestown, NJ (USATF Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix event) – Reach out to Jay for team details
- June 2: 45th Red Rose Run (who wants the win – Sam, Chris, ?)
- June 26: FMTC Night of (s)Miles (Several 1mi heats @ F&M Track)
- July 28: 13th F and M TC Beer Mile (Becca and Adam are co-race directors)
Next Club Event: Tuesday, June 14th
Post-workout gathering at Wyndridge Tasting Room – details pending.