I am sending this one out a bit early as we will soon be on the road (and rail) heading north after a few weeks of warm weather running and cross training. A long-term strategic plan for FMTC would be to establish a “base” on the FL Gulf coast for our members to come for periods of time and run – Amos may be the point person here.
This will be the first March track workout with spring just a few weeks out and LOTs of racing coming up in the weeks ahead. Provided our travel schedule works I plan on being there but there should be an 8 AM group as well. Temperatures look to be 34* and 51* so not too bad – but I am hoping that Scott Roth has gotten rid of the “windy AF” conditions. Hopefully some of you were able to watch USATF Indoor National Championships this past weekend from Spokane that included an impressive 1500/3000 double by Cole Hocker or Josh Kerr’s 3:48 indoor mile run in Boston.
On the FMTC racing front Sam G set yet another FMTC club record running 8:14 for 3K on the track. Laura Brenner ran a 1:35 PR at the Gasparilla Half Marathon in Tampa, and Ken Bell 3:43 (PR) at Wilmington, DE marathon. Times should be in LNP Sports today. -Jeff
2-3 mile warm-up plus drills:
- 16 x 200m with 200m jog RI
- 2 x [ 4 x 600m (75 sec. RI, 90 sec RI after repeat #4);
4 x 100m strides, 25 push-ups, 1.6 mile campus cool down.
- March 12: Run for Luck – Lancaster Country Day School
- April 9: Farmers 5K, New Holland (benefits Garden Spot XC program)
- April 18: 126th BOSTON Marathon (can Chris Myers give us a club record?)
- April 30: 24th Race Against Racism (we want an FMTC winner this year)
- May 1: 42nd Broad Street 10-miler (USATF series)
- June 2: 46th Red Rose Run (Doug Arndt is in!)
“We all have bad days and bad workouts, when running gets ugly, when split times seem slow, when you wonder why you started. It will pass.” — Hal Higdon