A warm but otherwise great night to start September track workouts at the F & M Track. Many of our runners completed the physically and mentally challenging “MICHIGAN” workout….thanks to Becca and Walter for pacing group 3 through most of this. An adequate supply of water (Walt) and PBRs (6 left over) was provided. Two more new runners joined us for the workouts. Brian, Otis, Nick and I closed up shop at the parking lot – similar to the “old” day – discussing Brian’s upcoming strategies for sub 2:30 at the Chicago Marathon (? sleep, diet, therapy, prayer, loperamide, super-shoes…). If you do not know who the guy is in the photo above then I would recommend a mandatory online lookup (he still holds the American record for the mile).
ON THE TRACK: Kleinhaus (AM), Matula (AM – LS track), Bell (AM CV track), Addis, Arndt, Boben B, Delia S, Dever S, Fife, Foley, Garland (bleeding nipple)!, Gatchell, Goodling (coaching), Givans, Glick, Hodge (casted), King E, Kalinowski, Kirchner, Knaster +1 (recovery), Lachman, Luff, Maher, Matthews, McMillan D, McMillan J, Moore, Nephin, Newcomer W, Petraco, Richter B, Richter C (supporting), Roth, Schuler, Simmons, Smoker, Sollenberger B, Stauffer, Stevenson, Stoudt (coaching), Stotlzfus J, Tagg, Thorson, Ubriaco, Wallick, Wasch (F&M), Watson G +1, Welsh, Julie Ann (new), and 1 more New Guy.
Check INS: Charles (MT), Detweiler, Myers (Paris), Weida (CAL), Pick, Wege, Dever A, Watson (baseball), O’Regan (inj.)
- TODAY is the LAST day to order COROS running watches – contact Scott Roth by email
- Wed/ Thurs Sept. 8th/9th – Final Diamond League Meet from Brussels (see TV listings)
- Saturday Sept. 11th – Bird-in-Hand 1/2 Marathon (full – but several FMTC runners are in)
- Sun, September 19 – Philadelphia Distance Run (1/2 Marathon) – entries still open.
- Dec. 11th – USATF Club XC Nationals Tallahassee, FL (Matula, Delia, Boben, Kirchner – team captains)